You can read our Uniform Policy on the Policies page of our trust website.
We believe that pupils learn most effectively and achieve their best outcomes when they are comfortable, can be themselves and are dressed appropriately for school.
We have a gender-neutral uniform, which means our pupils may wear any of the uniform items listed below:
- Blazer – black with the academy logo on the right-hand side. Iron-on school logo badges are available
- Pupils can also wear a plain black v-necked jumper as an addition to their blazer
- Tie – An academy clip-on tie for year 7-10 pupils; a traditional tie with the academy logo for Year 11 pupils
- Shirt – a plain white blouse or shirt
- Shoes – sensible plain black school shoes (not training shoes or plimsolls)
- Black School Trousers only for all pupils from September 2023
The only jewellery worn should be one pair of small, plain, stud earrings and a wristwatch.
During term time, pupil hairstyles should not include highly visible coloured highlights or “cut in” patterns in their hair. Only light, natural looking make up is permitted. False nails and nail extensions are not permitted.
Pupils should use an appropriately sized waterproof bag to carry their books and equipment. It should hold A4 sized workbooks comfortably, without causing damage.
Our PE kit includes:
- T-shirt – plain grey with or without the academy logo, no third-party branding
- Shorts/tracksuit bottom – plain black with no third-party branding
- Trainers – suitable trainers for sports
- If needed suitable sports footwear – e.g. football boots
Parents and carers are responsible for ensuring their child bring their PE kit to school when it is required.
Our current school uniform supplier is:
8 Richardson Road
Stockton on Tees
Tel 01642 674973/01642 602008
We work in partnership with the Darlington Carers Uniform Exchange which offers a school uniform exchange service. Details can be found at Darlington Borough Council – School Uniform Exchange
If you require assistance with school uniform, you should contact your child’s Head of Year. The school holds some uniforms for parents/carers to access, upon request. You can also donate your child’s uniform when they no longer need it.